41. And know that whatever ye take as spoils of war, lo! a fifth thereof is for Allah, and for the Messenger and for the kinsman (who hath need) and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, if ye believe in Allah and that which We sent down upon unto Our slave on the Day of Discrimination, the day when the two armies met. And Allah is Able to do all things.
41. WA’-LAMUUU ‘ANNAMAA GANIM-TUM-min shay-‘in fa-‘anna LIllaahi khumusahuu wa lir-Rasuuli wa lizilqurbaa wal-yataamaa wal-masaakiini wab-nis-sabiili, ‘in kuntum ‘aa-mantum BIllaahi wa maaa ‘anzalNaa ‘alaa ‘AbdiNaa Yawmal-Furqaani Yawmal-taqal-jam-‘aan. WAllaahu ‘alaa kulli shay-‘in Qadiir.
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Lesson # 1003 - Fifth part of the spoils of war
Lesson # 1003 from Noble Quran
Fifth part of the spoils of war
Surah ‘ANFAAL (SPOILS OF WAR) – Chapter – 8)
Stage – 2, Verse – 41 of 75, Section – 5 of 10 (Part - 10)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
‘Al-Furqaani – (Discrimination, decision), this word has been derived from the word farq, which means “separation”. Furqaan means “the thing; which discriminates between two opponents. Here, this discrimination took place by means of the Battle of Badr. Therefore, it aims the Battle of Badr.
Summary of this verse is that you should separate fifth part of the spoils of war for the name of God Almighty, which is gained after fighting with the disbelievers, if you believe in Him and you are sure that it was not possible for you to get victory in the Battle of Badr. That success was due to special support of Allah Almighty which He sent down for the help of His special Servant and Messenger, Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) during war and for his satisfaction. God Almighty sent down His Angels (peace be upon them) for help and you succeeded. Having faith in it, it is not difficult to draw fifth part for the name of God Almighty. This fifth part of the spoils of war will be spent by His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) being His Vicegerent on the following:
· For Himself (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him)
· For His kinsmen, Bani Hashim and Bani Abdil Mutlib; who helped Him in the beginning and whom; paying the poor-due (Zakaat) is forbidden.
· The orphans
· The needy people
· The wayfarers
Remaining four parts of the spoils of the war will be distributed in the Army. The rider soldiers will be given double than the foot soldiers.
After the decease of the Messenger of God Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him), His own and His kinsmen’s part from the spoils of war has been discontinued. Then; only orphans, the poor and needy people were entitled (rightful) of the spoils of war.
The scholar of the religion said that Messenger of God Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) used to draw some part from the spoils of war for the Inviolable Place of Worship (the House of God at Makkah). According to their opinion, those people who live away from The Squire Building of Makkah, they should separate some part for their Masaajid (Mosques).
Quran Chapter 16 – 63 (Pt-14, Stg-3) (L-1730) درس قرآن Satan made their deeds fair-seeming Suratun-Nahl - (The Bee) -...
Lesson # 1040 from Noble Quran So long as they are true to you, be true to them Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE) – Chapte...
- Quran Chapter 11-94 & 95 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1413) - درس قرآن The End of those who did injustice Surah Huud ( Hud...
No intercession acceptable for wrongdoers - Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآنQuran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن No intercession acceptable for wrongdoers Surah Huud ( Hud...