Thursday, October 18, 2018

Moses asked: Why did you not follow me? - Quran Chapter 20 – 92 to 94 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-2003) درس قرآن



Quran Chapter 20  92 to 94 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-2003) درس قرآن

Moses asked: Why did you not follow me?

Chapter TAA-HAASurah – 20)

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim. 
(I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.

(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

  قَالَ يَٰهَٰرُونُ مَا مَنَعَكَ إِذْ رَأَيْتَهُمْ ضَلُّوٓا۟ 92

 أَلَّا تَتَّبِعَنِأَفَعَصَيْتَ أَمْرِى 93

 قَالَ يَبْنَؤُمَّ لَا تَأْخُذْ بِلِحْيَتِى وَلَا بِرَأْسِىٓ إِنِّى خَشِيتُ أَن تَقُولَ فَرَّقْتَ بَيْنَ بَنِىٓ إِسْرَٰٓءِيلَ وَلَمْ تَرْقُبْ قَوْلِى 94

92.  He (Moses) said: O Aaron! What held thee back when thou didst see them gone astray –

93.  That thou followedst me not? Hast thou then disobeyed my order?

94.  He said: O son of my mother! Clutch not my beard nor my head! I feared lest thou shouldst say: Thou hast caused division among the Children of Israel, and hast not waited for my word.
92.  Qaala  Yaa-Haaruunu  maa  mana-’aka  ‘iz  ra-‘aytahum  zalluuu.

93.  ‘Allaa  tattabi-‘an.  ‘Afa-‘asayta  ‘amrii.

94.  Qaala  yabna-‘umma  laa  ta’-khuz  bilih-yatii  wa  laa  bi-ra’-sii.  ‘Innii  khashiitu  ‘an  taquula  farraqta  bayna  Baniii-  ‘Israaa-‘iila  wa  lam  tarqub  qawlii.

Commentary

Yabna-‘umma – (O son of my mother!), actually this word is “Yaa-‘ibna-‘ummii”. It became “yabna-‘umma” in conversation and it is abbreviation of the same.

Tarqub – (took care), origin of this word is “raqaba”, which means “to look after, to guard”.

When the Children of Israel blamed that Samirii was the actual person who misled them in adoration of the idol of calf, then Moses (peace be upon him) moved unto Aaron (peace be upon him) due to religious passion. At that time he was being emotional religiously and his anger was out of his control. He clutched beard and hairs of the head of Aaron (peace be upon him); and said angrily: Why did you not treat these people as I would have treated them when they were going astray? I left you behind as my Caliph. Why did you disobey my order?

Aaron (peace be upon him) said: O my brother! Don’t be angry with me. Don’t clutch my hair of head and beard. I caused very much to understand them verbally but did not fight because you had ordered: Behold! Division should not be among the Children of Israel. I feared that two parties are necessary for fighting and you will be enraged that why we did not obey your order and why two parties of the Children of Israel were formed.

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/W_6lJ1VhrqI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...