100. That is (something) of the tidings of the townships (which were destroyed of old). We relate it unto thee (Muhammad); some of them are standing and some (already) reaped.
101. We wronged them not, but they did wrong themselves; and their gods on whom they call beside Allah availed them naught when came thy Lord’s command. And they added to them naught save ruin.
100. Zaalika min ‘ambaaa-‘il-quraa Naqus-suhuu ‘alay-ka min-haa qaaa-‘imunw-wa ha-siid.
101. Wa maa zalam-Naahum wa laakin- zalamuuu ‘anfu-sahum famaaa ‘agnat ‘anhum ‘aali-hatu-humul-latii yad-‘uuna min- duu-Nillaahi min-shay-‘il-lammaa jaaa-‘a ‘amru Rabbik. Wa maa zaaduu-hum gayra tat-biib.
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Those townships which were ruined - Quran Chapter 11-100 & 101 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1416) - درس قرآن
Quran Chapter 11-100 & 101 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1416) - درس قرآن
Those townships which were ruined
Surah Huud (Hud) - 11
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
ذَٰلِكَ مِنْ أَنۢبَآءِٱلْقُرَىٰ نَقُصُّهُۥ عَلَيْكَ مِنْهَا قَآئِمٌ وَحَصِيدٌ (100
وَمَا ظَلَمْنَٰهُمْ وَلَٰكِن ظَلَمُوٓا۟ أَنفُسَهُمْ فَمَآ أَغْنَتْ عَنْهُمْ ءَالِهَتُهُمُ ٱلَّتِى يَدْعُونَ مِندُونِ ٱللَّهِ مِن شَىْءٍ لَّمَّا جَآءَ أَمْرُ رَبِّكَ وَمَا زَادُوهُمْ غَيْرَ تَتْبِيبٍ (101
Ha-siid – (reaped), this word is an adjective which has come out from hasad. Hasad means “reaping any crop”. From the same; a word “hasaad” has been derived, which has passed in Suratul ‘An-‘aam. Here it aims “they were reaped and thrown away”.
Tat-biib – (to ruin), origin of this word is tab-bun, which means “to be ruined”. Tabaab means destruction. The word “tab-bat” is past tense from the same origin, which has been used in the beginning of Suratul-Lahab (Chapter 111).
It is commanded: We have caused to hear the circumstances of the folks of Noah, Aad, Thamud,
Lot, the people of Midian and
Pharaoh. You should learn from them and behold! How were they beaten black and
blue, and were ruined. Townships of some of them still exist, for example
Egypt, and many of those townships have been demolished and disappeared like
horns from the head of ass, for example the people of Lot (peace be upon him). Allah
Almighty did not tyrannize them but they were ruined due to their own wicked
deeds. They forgot their Creator, Allah Almighty and began to worship other
than Him. But their false gods could not save them from the Doom of Allah Almighty;
on the contrary, those gods became reason of their difficulties. And they could
not get any thing save destruction and ruin.
Quran Chapter 16 – 103 & 104 (Pt-14, Stg-3) (L-1765) درس قرآن Where there is will there is a way Suratun-Nahl - (T...
Lesson # 1040 from Noble Quran So long as they are true to you, be true to them Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE) – Chapte...
- Quran Chapter 11-94 & 95 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1413) - درس قرآن The End of those who did injustice Surah Huud ( Hud...
No intercession acceptable for wrongdoers - Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآنQuran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن No intercession acceptable for wrongdoers Surah Huud ( Hud...