Thursday, June 21, 2018

One was rich and one was poor - Quran Chapter 18 – 34 to 36 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1880) درس قرآن



Quran Chapter 18  34 to 36 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1880) درس قرآن

One was rich and one was poor


Chapter Kahf (The Cave) – 18

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

وَكَانَ لَهُۥ ثَمَرٌ فَقَالَلِصَٰحِبِهِۦ وَهُوَ يُحَاوِرُهُۥٓ أَنَا۠ أَكْثَرُ مِنكَ مَالًا وَأَعَزُّ نَفَرًا 34

  وَدَخَلَ جَنَّتَهُۥ وَهُوَ ظَالِمٌ لِّنَفْسِهِۦ قَالَ مَآ أَظُنُّ أَن تَبِيدَ هَٰذِهِۦٓ أَبَدًا 35

 وَمَآ أَظُنُّٱلسَّاعَةَ قَآئِمَةً وَلَئِن رُّدِدتُّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّى لَأَجِدَنَّ خَيْرًا مِّنْهَا مُنقَلَبًا 36

34.  And he had fruit. And he said unto his comrade, when he spake with him: I am more than thee in wealth, and stronger in respect of men.

35.  And he went into his garden, while he (thus) wronged himself. He said: I think not that all this will ever perish-

36.  And I think not that the Hour will ever come, and if indeed I am brought back unto my Lord I surely shall find better than this as a resort.
34.  Wa  kaana  lahuu  samar.  Faqaala  li-saahibihii  wa  huwa  yuhaa-wiruhuuu  ‘ana  ‘aksaru  minka  maalanw-wa  ‘a-‘azzu  nafaraa. 

35.  Wa  dakhala  jannata-huu  wa  huwa  zaalimul-li-nafsih.  Qaala  maaa  ‘azunnu  ‘an  tabiida  haazihiii  ‘abadaa.

36.  Wa  maaa  ‘azunnus-Saa-‘ata  qaaa-‘imatanw-wa  la-‘irru-dittu  ‘ilaa  Rabbii  la-‘ajidanna  khayram-  minhaa  munqalabaa.
        
Commentary

Samarun – (fruit), every advantageous thing which is acquired from trees, crops or by effort and labor, is called “samar”. It aims “that person was fortunate”.

Other comrade of that individual was a faithful and confident person. He did not use to run behind wealth madly. During conversation between both of them, the rich man said to his poor comrade: What did you get from honesty and abstinence? Behold! How much have I wealth and property? Then what is benefit of putting faith in Allah? You are poor, so you are not liked by anybody. See! I have everything and I am stronger in respect of men. My supporters and relatives move around me, due to which I am considered honorable everywhere.

Then he entered in a garden along with his comrade. He did not know that by disbelieving in Allah Almighty, he was being his own assassin and oppressing his own soul. Arrogance and pride had been filled in his heart. He began to say: How can it be thought that such luxuriant garden will become desolate? I do not believe that the Day of Resurrection will come. However if I admit your saying that the Hour will ever come and Allah exists in truth, then while He has given me here so much, He indeed will give me better than this all after reproducing me before Himself.

Maximum people are like him in the world. They begin to behave with boastfulness due to their riches, and consider that they are not necessitous of any advice.  

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/wUIwYGxK-70

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...