Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Dutiful to mother - Quran Chapter 19 – 31b to 33 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-1940) درس قرآن



Quran Chapter 19  31b to 33 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-1940) درس قرآن

Dutiful to mother


Chapter Maryam (Mary) – 19

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

وَجَعَلَنِى مُبَارَكًا أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُ وَأَوْصَٰنِى بِٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَٱلزَّكَوٰةِ مَا دُمْتُ حَيًّا 31
 وَبَرًّۢا بِوَٰلِدَتِى وَلَمْ يَجْعَلْنِى جَبَّارًا شَقِيًّا 32

 وَٱلسَّلَٰمُ عَلَىَّ يَوْمَ وُلِدتُّ وَيَوْمَ أَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ أُبْعَثُ حَيًّا 33

31b.  and hath enjoined upon me Prayer and Almsgiving so long as I remain alive-

32.  And (hath made me) dutiful toward my mother, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest.

33.  Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the Day I shall be raised alive! 
31b.  Wa  ‘aw-saanii  bis-Salaati  waz-Zakaati  maa  dumtu  hayyaa.

32.  Wa  barram-  bi-waalidatii  wa  lam  yaj-‘alnii  jabbaaran  shaqiyyaa.

33.  Was-Salaamu  ‘alayya  yawma  wulittu  wa  yawma  ‘amuutu  wa  Yawma  ‘ub-‘asu  hayyaa. 
        
Commentary

The infant {Jesus (peace be upon him)} said: Allah Almighty has appointed me a Prophet, given me the Scripture and made me blessed for the people wheresoever I may be. Then he (peace be upon him) said: Allah Almighty has enjoined upon me to offer prayer and to remain clean and pure. So long as I shall remain alive I shall adore Him wholeheartedly, best form of which is Prayer; in which it is disclosed by the tongue, hands and feet etc. before Him that He is the Greatest and mankind is helpless. And by standing, bowing, in sitting condition and by keeping the forehead on the ground (in all conditions), He is praised. He has commanded me also to pay the poor-due, by which everything is purified. Keeping the heart and intention pure, removing the impurity from own body and clothes, purifying the wealth and property by giving a portion of it as alms and charity for the sake of Allah Almighty, in short; in every matter and in all respect, adopting the neatness comes in it. Moreover, He has made me polite and a sympathizer of the mankind. Particularly, He has directed me to remain dutiful and obedient of my mother. He has neither made me moody and nor determined me arrogant, proud or ill-omened and unfortunate. It has been included in my nature that I should behave with every individual softly and with kindness. God’s mercy, bounty and peace rains upon me every time as it rained on the day I was born, and will rain on the day I shall die, and the Day I shall be raised alive.     

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/IZPpmhMLBGg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...