Saturday, August 11, 2018

My son will inherit of me - Quran Chapter 19 – 5 & 6 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-1928) درس قرآن




Quran Chapter 19  5 & 6 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-1928) درس قرآن

My son will inherit of me


Chapter Maryam (Mary) – 19

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

وَإِنِّى خِفْتُ ٱلْمَوَٰلِىَ مِن وَرَآءِى وَكَانَتِ ٱمْرَأَتِى عَاقِرًا فَهَبْ لِى مِن لَّدُنكَ وَلِيًّا 5

 يَرِثُنِى وَيَرِثُ مِنْ ءَالِيَعْقُوبَ وَٱجْعَلْهُ رَبِّ رَضِيًّا 6

5.  Lo! I fear my kinsfolk after me, since my wife is barren. So, give me from Thy Presence a successor-

6.  Who shall inherit of me and inherit (also) of the house of Jacob. And make him, my Lord, acceptable (unto Thee).
5.  Wa  ‘innii  khiftul-mawaalya  minw-waraaaii  wa  kaana-timra-‘atii  ‘aaqiran  fahab  lii  mil-ladunka  waliyyaa.

6.  Yarisunii  wa  yarisu  min  ‘aali  Ya’-quuba  waj-‘alhu  Rabbi  raziyyaa.
        
Commentary

‘Aaqiran – (barren), adjectively this word is feminine because that attribute which cannot be in a masculine, is surely feminine as haa-‘iz (that who is under the monthly discharge course - menstruating), such person can be a women only instead of a man. The ‘aaqir is the subject, origin of which is ‘aqara. ‘Aqara means that barren woman who is unable to produce any child.

Zachariah (peace be upon him) is praying in the Court of God Almighty: O my Lord! You accepted my supplication always. I am afraid of my relatives because they are not courteous. I fear that as soon as I shall die, they will not be able to guide the people unto righteous works. I am old and my wife is barren too. You have all powers. Give me a son who may operate the work of peoples’ guidance at my place, so that this duty is not withdrawn from the Children of Jacob (peace be upon him). It seems that there is none behind me who may perform this duty. O my Lord! Give me such son who should be able to do those works which are performed by the Prophets (peace be upon them). He should be honorable in the sight of everyone with regard to his habits and manners. All people should like him and be attracted of him. He should meet my approval and be acceptable to You.

Here, the aim from “a successor” is the same as explained above. Otherwise, neither Zachariah (peace be upon him) was a king and nor had too much wealth and property, for holding up of which; would be required to ask for a son. He (peace be upon him) himself was a carpenter and used to run the expenditures of himself and his wife from the wages of this profession. He (peace be upon him) was desirous of a successor for the work of religious preaching only.   

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/815fQ2mZyrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...