Sunday, August 26, 2018

Asking forgiveness for the father - Quran Chapter 19 – 46 & 47 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-1946) درس قرآن



Quran Chapter 19  46 & 47 (Pt-16, Stg-4) (L-1946) درس قرآن

Asking forgiveness for the father


Chapter Maryam (Mary) – 19

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

قَالَ أَرَاغِبٌ أَنتَ عَنْ ءَالِهَتِى يَٰٓإِبْرَٰهِيمُ لَئِن لَّمْ تَنتَهِ لَأَرْجُمَنَّكَ وَٱهْجُرْنِى مَلِيًّا 46

 قَالَ سَلَٰمٌ عَلَيْكَ سَأَسْتَغْفِرُ لَكَ رَبِّىٓ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ بِى حَفِيًّا 47

46.  He said: Rejectest thou my gods, O Abraham? If thou cease not, I shall surely stone thee, and depart from me a long while!

47.  He said: Peace be unto thee! I shall ask forgiveness of my Lord for thee. Lo! He is Ever-Gracious unto me.
46.  Qaala  ‘a-raagibun  ‘anta  ‘an  ‘aalihatii  yaaa-‘Ibraa-him.  La-‘illam  tantahi  la-‘arjumannaka  wahjurnii  maliyyaa.

47.  Qaala  Salaamun  ‘alayk.  Sa-‘astagfiru  laka  Rabbii.  ‘In-naHuu  kaana  bii  Hafiyyaa.
        
Commentary

Maliyyan – (a long while), origin of this word is mal-wun, actual meaning of which is “to stay, to remain, to stop, to last”.

Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) saw clearly that his father; including the entire nation has been involved in depravity. He tried to cause to understand his father and proved that idol-worshipping was the worship of the Devil. He said softly and took care of it that the father should not be inflamed. But his father had become a priest of his nation (who used to officiate at shrine, fabricate idols for the people, lead them how to worship idols and live upon the offerings made to idols). Such kinds of people become free from understanding.

After hearing all sayings of Abraham (peace be upon him), at first his father “Azar” disclosed of his surprise and said: Do you reject those idols whom I adore? Then being enraged he threatened and said: Cease these matters, otherwise I shall kill you by stoning. It is better for you that before it that I punish you, you should depart from me and show me not your face for a long time.

When Abraham (peace be upon him) heard so tough and decisive answer, he was disappointed. Even then he was not ill-tempered, but said mannerly: Peace be unto you! Now it is the only way for me that I should ask my Lord to forgive your sins. He is very Kind and Merciful, and He is Ever-Gracious unto me. After it, I don’t want to see you moist in idol-worshipping.  

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/Lg1QCoEgQ1c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...