Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Marriage of Moses - Quran Chapter 28: 27 & 28 (Pt-20, Stg-5) (L-2428) درس قرآن



Quran Chapter 28: 27 & 28 (Pt-20, Stg-5) (L-2428) درس قرآن

Marriage of Moses

Chapter Qasas”- (The Story) - 28

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
 (I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.

(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

قَالَ إِنِّىٓ أُرِيدُ أَنْ أُنكِحَكَ إِحْدَى ٱبْنَتَىَّ هَٰتَيْنِ عَلَىٰٓ أَن تَأْجُرَنِى ثَمَٰنِىَ حِجَجٍ فَإِنْ أَتْمَمْتَ عَشْرًا فَمِنْ عِندِكَ وَمَآ أُرِيدُ أَنْ أَشُقَّ عَلَيْكَ سَتَجِدُنِىٓ إِن شَآءَ ٱللَّهُ مِنَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ 27  قَالَ ذَٰلِكَ بَيْنِى وَبَيْنَكَ أَيَّمَا ٱلْأَجَلَيْنِ قَضَيْتُ فَلَا عُدْوَٰنَ عَلَىَّ وَٱللَّهُ عَلَىٰ مَا نَقُولُ وَكِيلٌ 28  
                                                
27.  He said: Lo! I fain would marry thee to one of these two daughters of mine on condition that thou hirest thyself to me for (the term of) eight years. Then if thou completest ten it will be of thine own accord, for I would not make it hard for thee. Allah willing, thou wilt find me of the righteous.

28.  He said: That (is settled) between thee and me. Whichever of the two terms I fulfill, there will be no injustice to me, and Allah is Surety over what we say.
27.  Qaala  ‘inniii  ‘uriidu  ‘an  ‘unkihaka  ‘ihdab-natayya  haatayni  ‘alaaa  ‘an  ta’-juranii  samaaniya  hijaj.  Fa-‘in  ‘atmamta  ‘ashran-  famin  ‘indik.  Wa  maaa  ‘uriidu  ‘an  ‘ashuqqa  ‘alayk.  Satajiduniii  ‘in-shaaa-‘Allaahu  minas-Saalihiin.

28.  Qaala  zaalika  baynii  wa  baynak.  ‘Ayyamal-‘ajalayni  qazaytu  falaa  ‘udwaana  ‘alayy.  Wallaahu  ‘alaa  maa  naquulu  Wakiil.

(Section 3)

Commentary

Hijajin – (years),

‘Ashuqqa – (I would not put in difficulty), it aims “to put in burden, to rend”. The word mushaqqat is from the same origin, which means “labor, toil, pain etc.”

Wakiilun – (Surety, Witness), it is an Adjective. The word wakaalatun is from the same, which means –to take responsibility of other’s work.

As Prophet Shueyb (peace be upon him) was in search of any such person, Moses (peace be upon him) was also needy of any abode. Shueyb (peace be upon him) said: I can help you in this matter. I wish to wed you one of these, my two daughters, on the condition that you have to serve me for eight years. However, if you complete ten years, it will be as a favor from you. I do not wish to put you in difficulty.

Moses (peace be upon him) agreed to this condition and said: This matter is established between both of us. Whichever of the two terms of service I complete – I would not be compelled. Allaah Almighty is Witness over what we say. I trust in Him.

Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/gpHi9YcKAbo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons from Chapters: 1.’Al -Faatihah ...