34. My counsel will not profit you if I intend to advise you, if Allah’s will is to keep you astray. He is your Lord. And unto Him ye will be brought back.
35. Or say they (again): He hath forged it? Say: If I have forged it, upon me be my crimes, but I am clear of (all) that ye commit.
34. Wa laa yan-fa-‘ukum nus-hiii ‘in ‘arattu ‘an ‘an-saha lakum ‘in kaa-nAllaahu yuriidu ‘any-yugwi-yakum. Huwa Rabbukum. Wa ‘ilay-Hi turja-‘uun.
35. ‘Am yaquuluu-naf-taraah. Qul ‘inif-taray-tuhuu fa-‘alay-ya ‘ijraamii wa ‘anaa bariii-‘um-mim-maa tujri-muun.
So long as they are true to you, be true to them
Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE)– Chapter – 9)Stage – 2, Verse – 7 of 129, Section – 2 of 16 (Part – 10)
BisMIllaahir-Rahmaanir-RahiimIn the name ofGod, the Beneficent, the Merciful
7. How can there be a treaty with Allah and with His Messenger for the idolaters save those with whom ye made a treaty at the Inviolable Place of Worship? So long as they are true to you, be true to them. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty. 7. Kayfa yakuunu lil-mush-rikiina ‘ahdun ‘indAllaahi wa ‘inda RasuuliHiii ‘illal-laziina ‘aa-hattum ‘indal-Masjidil-Haraam. Fa-mas-taqaamuu lakum fastaqiimuu lahum. ‘InnAllaaha yuhibbul-Muttaqiin.
Mas-taqaamuu – (So long as they are true), ‘is-taqaamuu is past tense, origin of which is ‘istaqaamatun. From it, many words have come out; like – qawm, maqaam, qiaam, aqaamat, mustaqiim, qiaamat etc. ‘Istaqaamat means “straight”. The word Must…