38. And he was building the ship, and every time that chieftains of his people passed him, they made mock of him. He said: If ye make mock of us, we too shall mock at you even as ye mock.
39. And ye shall know to whom a punishment that will confound him cometh, and upon whom a lasting doom will fall.
38. Wa yasna-‘ul-Fulk. Wa kullamaa marra ‘alay-hi mala-‘um-min- qaw-mihii sakhiruu minh. Qaala ‘in tas-kharuu minnaa fa-‘innaa nas-kharu minkum kamaa tas-kharuun.
39. Fa-sawfa ta’-lamuuna, many-ya’-tiihi ‘Azaabuny-yukh-ziihi wa yahillu ‘alayhi ‘azaa-bum-muqiim.
So long as they are true to you, be true to them
Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE)– Chapter – 9)Stage – 2, Verse – 7 of 129, Section – 2 of 16 (Part – 10)
BisMIllaahir-Rahmaanir-RahiimIn the name ofGod, the Beneficent, the Merciful
7. How can there be a treaty with Allah and with His Messenger for the idolaters save those with whom ye made a treaty at the Inviolable Place of Worship? So long as they are true to you, be true to them. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty. 7. Kayfa yakuunu lil-mush-rikiina ‘ahdun ‘indAllaahi wa ‘inda RasuuliHiii ‘illal-laziina ‘aa-hattum ‘indal-Masjidil-Haraam. Fa-mas-taqaamuu lakum fastaqiimuu lahum. ‘InnAllaaha yuhibbul-Muttaqiin.
Mas-taqaamuu – (So long as they are true), ‘is-taqaamuu is past tense, origin of which is ‘istaqaamatun. From it, many words have come out; like – qawm, maqaam, qiaam, aqaamat, mustaqiim, qiaamat etc. ‘Istaqaamat means “straight”. The word Must…