42. And it sailed with them amid waves like mountains, and Noah called to his son – and he was standing aloof – O my son! Come ride with us, and be not with the disbelievers.
43. He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. He (Noah) said: This day there is none that saveth from the Commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned.
42. Wa hi-ya tajrii bihim fii mawjin- kal-jibaal. Wa naadaa Nuuhu-nib-nahuu wa kaana fii ma’-ziliny-yaa-bu-nayyar-kamma-‘anaa wa laa takum-ma-‘al-Kaafiriin.
43. Qaala sa-‘aawiii ‘ilaa jaba-liny-ya’-simunii minal-maaa’. Qaala laa ‘aa-simal-yawma min ‘AmRillaahi ‘illaa mar-rahim. Wa haala bayna-humal-mawju fa- kaana minal- mugraqiin.
So long as they are true to you, be true to them
Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE)– Chapter – 9)Stage – 2, Verse – 7 of 129, Section – 2 of 16 (Part – 10)
BisMIllaahir-Rahmaanir-RahiimIn the name ofGod, the Beneficent, the Merciful
7. How can there be a treaty with Allah and with His Messenger for the idolaters save those with whom ye made a treaty at the Inviolable Place of Worship? So long as they are true to you, be true to them. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty. 7. Kayfa yakuunu lil-mush-rikiina ‘ahdun ‘indAllaahi wa ‘inda RasuuliHiii ‘illal-laziina ‘aa-hattum ‘indal-Masjidil-Haraam. Fa-mas-taqaamuu lakum fastaqiimuu lahum. ‘InnAllaaha yuhibbul-Muttaqiin.
Mas-taqaamuu – (So long as they are true), ‘is-taqaamuu is past tense, origin of which is ‘istaqaamatun. From it, many words have come out; like – qawm, maqaam, qiaam, aqaamat, mustaqiim, qiaamat etc. ‘Istaqaamat means “straight”. The word Must…